If you're looking for the secret to healthy and vibrant hair, today is your lucky day! The cold and dry winter has probably left your locks in rough shape, but now that it's spring it's a great time to put life back into your 'do. Follow these tips for a supermodel-worthy mane:
- Eat a well-balanced diet: There's no denying that you are what you eat. Be sure to load your plate up with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Biotin, vitamins B and C, as well as folic acid can all make your hair healthier. Also, drink plenty of water to keep you hair and skin hydrated.
- Massage your scalp: "This ancient Hindu Ayurvedic beauty treatment increases circulation to the scalp, which stimulates hair growth, strengthens hair roots, and nourishes the shafts, all of which promotes new hair growth and strengthens current hair," writes a blogger for Tree Hugger. "Take a few minutes before bed or, better yet, get your partner to give you a scalp massage."
- Stay away from harsh chemicals: Some chemicals and waxes found in shampoos can actually rob your hair of essential moisture. This is why it's best not to wash your hair every day. If you are prone to oil build-up, make a DIY shampoo made from baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead.
- Use essential oils: If your hair is dry and brittle, opt to use all-natural essential oils. Rosemary, lavender and ylang-ylang can stimulate hair follicles and replenish the scalp, leaving you with healthier, shinier locks.
For more health and beauty tips, be sure to follow our blog or purchase Frownies' array of dry skin treatments.
Today, April 22, is known as "Earth Day" across the world. This holiday was first celebrated in 1970 and has since grown to become a global phenomenon, attracting over 500 million participators.
Take a look at some eco-friendly makeup tips to celebrate the occasion.
- Opt for reusable products: Although disposable wipes, sponges and makeup applicators are convenient, these items are not good for the environment and will only end up in landfills. Instead, remove your makeup with a soft washcloth and opt for reusable sponges. It's important to clean these items consistently to prevent the spread of germs.
- Read labels: "Shopping for cosmetics is like shopping for groceries: You have to read the ingredients," writes a blogger for Tree Hugger. "Chemicals to watch out for include parabens, talc and fragrance." These harsh chemicals and preservatives can possibly disturb your body's natural hormones, leading to weight gain and even cancer.
- Research before you purchase: Before buying any cosmetics, check to see if they're safe. In today's day and age, you can simply go online to check the ingredients of certain brands and makeup products. For instance, Skin Deep is a great database for women and men who want to learn more about cosmetic safety. You can also head to SafeCosmetics.org to find out more information on your favorite products.
At Frownies' all of our anti-aging skin products are completely natural. Our top-quality products are 100 percent pure without any artificial fragrances, synthetic chemicals, toxic preservatives or any other unsafe ingredients. Our skin care products are made only with the highest quality, organic nutrients available for your skin. Shop our website for find out more!
Do you feel like you're always hungry? If so, you may not be eating the right foods. It's important to consume enough protein and healthy fats throughout the day to fill you up. Be sure to check out three super foods that will help you feel full longer:
- Avocado: What's not to love about avocado? It's both nutritious and delicious since it's filled with healthy fats. Now that the weather is warming up, it's the perfect time to make some all-natural guacamole. Or, whip up a tasty avocado smoothie.
- Quinoa: Although some may consider quinoa a "trendy" food, it doesn't show any signs of stopping and is more than just the latest fad."Even though we use quinoa like a grain, it's actually a nutritious, high-protein seed," writes personal chef Aimee Valpone in Glamour. "The protein quality and quantity in this seed is superior to most other grains. It's higher in calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese, and zinc than barley, wheat, or corn. Quinoa is also high in iron and has five grams of fiber in a 1/2 cup." This rice-substitute can be used as an entrée or a side dish. Add boiled quinoa to your salads or stir-fries for a healthy boost.
- Walnuts: Are you looking for a midday snack? Look no further than walnuts! These tasty treats have the highest amount of Omega 3 fats of any nuts. They can help curb hunger and control your weight. Add walnuts to your oatmeal or salads for a crunchy and yummy topping!
As you know, 'you are what you eat!' For more whole body wellness tips, be sure to follow our blog or purchase Frownies' anti-aging skin products!