Do you feel like you're always hungry? If so, you may not be eating the right foods. It's important to consume enough protein and healthy fats throughout the day to fill you up. Be sure to check out three super foods that will help you feel full longer:
- Avocado: What's not to love about avocado? It's both nutritious and delicious since it's filled with healthy fats. Now that the weather is warming up, it's the perfect time to make some all-natural guacamole. Or, whip up a tasty avocado smoothie.
- Quinoa: Although some may consider quinoa a "trendy" food, it doesn't show any signs of stopping and is more than just the latest fad."Even though we use quinoa like a grain, it's actually a nutritious, high-protein seed," writes personal chef Aimee Valpone in Glamour. "The protein quality and quantity in this seed is superior to most other grains. It's higher in calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese, and zinc than barley, wheat, or corn. Quinoa is also high in iron and has five grams of fiber in a 1/2 cup." This rice-substitute can be used as an entrée or a side dish. Add boiled quinoa to your salads or stir-fries for a healthy boost.
- Walnuts: Are you looking for a midday snack? Look no further than walnuts! These tasty treats have the highest amount of Omega 3 fats of any nuts. They can help curb hunger and control your weight. Add walnuts to your oatmeal or salads for a crunchy and yummy topping!
As you know, 'you are what you eat!' For more whole body wellness tips, be sure to follow our blog or purchase Frownies' anti-aging skin products!
Now that spring is in the air, it's time to go outside and get moving! Chances are you've been cooped up all winter because of the harsh weather and haven't had the chance to adhere to a steady fitness routine. Here are a few fun ways you can get exercising and burn calories this spring:
- Jump rope: Relive your school girl days and jump rope for a fun and effective work out. "To get the most from each jump, use a rope with handles that reach to just under your armpits when you stand on the middle of it, and follow these top-form tips: Jump with your feet slightly apart and body upright, and keep your jumps low to the ground," suggests a blogger for Health.
- Play tennis: Tennis does the body good. (Have you seen Venus and Serena's muscles?) Even if you don't have a sister or partner to play tennis with, you can still break a sweat by hitting a tennis ball against your garage or a brick wall. This work-out will build up both your arm and leg muscles.
- Run outside: Although jogging on the treadmill is good, nothing beats going for a run outside in the springtime! Head to your local park and get moving. If you suffer from shin splints or any other soreness in your legs and feet, make sure that you have the right running sneakers. Also, land on the middle of your feet and roll through your toes to prevent any injuries.
Getting enough exercise can keep you fit, healthy and toned. For more whole body wellness tips, be sure to follow our blog or purchase Frownies' array of anti-aging skin products!
This past weekend gorgeous stars like Nicki Minaj stepped out on the red carpet for the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Minaj looked classy and elegant wearing a long black gown, gold jewelry and sophisticated makeup. Take a look at some was to emulate the rap-star's flawless appearance.
- Create full brows: Even if you don't have naturally full eyebrows you can still fake the look of glamorous arches like Minaj. Simply fill in your brows with pencil to frame your face. Be sure to choose a color that is similar to your natural eyebrows.
- Highlight your best features: A little blush can go a long way, making you appear younger and more awake. "Nicki's skin looked seriously amazing — glowing and flawless. She had highlighter on in all the right places — her cheekbones, the bridge of her nose, and her cupid's bow," reports Hollywood Life.
- Perfect the cat eye: A gel eyeliner will allow you to make your peepers. Simply use a fine brush to achieve a flawless line. Although Minaj chose black eyeliner for a dramatic look, you can also select a vibrant color or add subtlety with brown.
- Use a nude lip-gloss: Since Minaj played up her eyes, she opted for a nude lip. It's important to keep proportions in mind when applying your makeup. You don't want to look too over-done so be sure to highlight one feature and play down the rest. A subtle lip gloss will do the trick!
For more beauty tips, be sure to follow our purchase Frownies' anti-aging skin products. Our skin care items can leave you with a glowing complexion just like Nicki Minaj!