Celebrity makeup artist turned beauty line mogul Bobbi Brown knows what it takes to look (and feel) good! No matter what your age is, steal her amazing beauty tips:
- Enhance your lashes: Make your peepers pop with volumizing mascara. Brown suggests using a lengthening formula, which tends to clump less than other varieties. Also, be sure to clean your mascara wand regularly to prevent dirt, debris and buildup.
- Hide a hangover: Sometimes us women like to indulge. If a few too many cosmos with the girls have you looking less than your best, follow Brown's routine. First drink a glass of coconut water and then replenish the hydration of your skin with tinted moisturizer. This product is lighter and less likely to cake than traditional foundation.
- Showoff your smile: Your smile can be your best accessory and can actually make you look years younger. Brown practices regular healthy habits, such as visiting a dentist every six months, rinsing her mouth after drinking wine or coffee and stashing floss in her purse. She also suggests wearing bright lipstick in a fuchsia or berry shade to enhance your pearly whites.
- Use an eye mask: "If you're going to indulge, drink a lot of water before you go to bed (and sleep with your head elevated)," Brown tells the source. "In the morning, use a gel eye mask or make your own by filling a Ziploc bag with ice and resting it on your eyes for five minutes. Finally, massage in an eye cream that contains de-puffing caffeine to reduce any swelling." Our eye gels will do the trick!
For more beauty tips be sure to follow our blog and browse Frownies' anti-wrinkle skin care products!
Your mom was right when she told you to eat your veggies! When it comes to choosing a healthy snack, make carrots your go-to. What's not to love about carrots? Bugs Bunny raves about them, they are rumored to improve your eyesight and they are surprisingly sweet. If you're looking for a side dish to make with tonight's dinner you may want to consider this orange vegetable. Take a look at some of the health benefits of carrots:
- Fight signs of aging: Who knew that snacking on carrot sticks could make you look and feel younger? Loaded in nutrients, these veggies can make your skin positively glowing. They can also fight age-related illnesses and memory loss. Talk about brain food!
- Fill you up: Carrots are loaded with fiber, making you feel fuller longer. In fact, these vegetables boast about 6 grams of fiber (and only 50 calories) per cup. Next time you're feeling hungry between meals be sure to make carrots your number one choice. Combined with hummus, carrots are both a nutritious and delicious snack!
- Reduce inflammation: "One of the largest health benefits of carrots is they are highly alkalizing to the body," writes Heather Williams of women's lifestyle website All Women Stalk. "Carrots fight inflammation and can help [manage] a large number of inflammation-related issues like body pain, headaches or stomachaches. They are best consumed raw for this purpose, but lightly steamed is fine as well."
For more whole body wellness tips be sure to follow our blog or browse Frownies' array of all-natural anti-aging skin products.
Let's face it: Most women have to endure many stressors every day. From a demanding boss to cranky children and everything in between, it's not easy to be a superwoman in this day and age. However, this doesn't mean if you have to look less than your best. If you want to fight signs of stress-induced aging, take a look at these helpful tips:
- Eat healthy: "Emotions play a huge role in what, when,and how much we eat," Dr. Josie Howard, a San Francisco psychiatrist and psychodermatologist, tells Marie Claire. "Comfort foods—think dairy, white sugar and fried foods—are often acne triggers because they raise insulin levels, which makes oil production spike," the source notes. Next time you're craving starch or sugar, look for healthy snacks like carrots or fruit instead.
- Exercise regularly: Adequate exercise can do wonders for both our minds and bodies. Be sure to take time out of your busy week to go for a run or do yoga. Ultimately, this workout will leave you with a glowing complexion.
- Put down electronics: These days, we are consumed by technology. Do you ever check your email, Facebook or Twitter before going to bed? Although our cell phones make catching up easy and convenient, they can also take a toll on our skin. These gadgets make it difficult to relax and unwind, therefore leading to sleepless nights. We all know that it is important to get enough beauty sleep to prevent signs of aging.
For more health and wellness tips be sure to follow our blog and browse Frownies' array of anti-aging skin products!